Death by laughing gas

The lawsuit by a Stockton man against the head shops that sold him laughing gas (Sunday’s column) is not the only legal action on that front.

A federal grand jury has indicted the a Arizona operator of a website called bongmart.com for selling nitrous oxide to a Virginia Tech student who killed himself with it.

Andy McCoy, a computer science major, was found dead last November in his apartment “with a plastic bag around his head and surrounded by so-called chargers, which are supposed to be used as propellants for whipped cream.”

Story here. 

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form.
  • Blog Author

    Michael Fitzgerald

    Mike Fitzgerald is The Record’s award-winning metro columnist. His column runs in the paper three times a week. Born in San Francisco, he was raised in Stockton. His column covers diverse beats including, sometimes, the offbeat. Read Full
  • Categories

  • Archives

  • RSS Related Content

    • There were no good options July 16
      Since the appalling July 16 hostage death, numerous law enforcement agencies have refused to give expert comment on the actions of Stockton police. […]
    • 'Flying machine' wowed Stockton, vexed press in 1896
      The mysterious flying craft was made of metal. It stretched around 150 feet, sported two flapping canvas wings and sprouted a rudder shaped like a bird's tail. […]
    • Hell on wheels? Sure, why not?
      Crossing India is an adventure. Crossing India during monsoon season is a punishing adventure. Crossing India during monsoon season in a flimsy motorized rickshaw ... are you kidding? […]