The San Joaquin County Middle School Honor Choir will hold auditions on Tuesdays throughout October for any middle school student in sixth-through-eighth grade interested in joining.
The choir is a partnership between the county Office of Education, San Joaquin County Music Educators’ Association and the Delta College music department. Eight auditions will take place and the piece is “America (My Country ‘tis of Thee).”
Auditions are held from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
· Oct. 6, Boys & Girls Club of Manteca, 545 W. Alameda St, Manteca
· Oct. 6, Ripona Elementary School, Room 21, 415 Oregon St, Ripon
· Oct. 6, Sierra Middle School band room, 6768 Alexandria Place, Stockton
· Oct. 13, Office of Ed, Alpine Room, 2707 Transworld Dr, Stockton
· Oct. 20, Lathrop High School choir room, 647 Spartan Way, Lathrop
· Oct. 20, Linden High School choir room, 18527 E. Front Street, Linden
· Oct. 20, Tracy High School choir room, 315 E. 11th St, Tracy
· Oct. 27, Office of Ed, Greenwood 1, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The 2016 Middle School Honor Choir will perform at the annual Honors Concert on March 5 at the Delta Center for the Arts in the Atherton Auditorium at Delta. There is no fee to join.
For applications and more information, visit sjhonors.yolasite.com or call (209) 468-4973.