Banner Detail From The Cleveland School Remembers Draw It Out Altar At The Mexican Heritage Center
The last ArtSplash of the year takes place tonight from 5pm – 8 pm. Several highlights of tonight’s schedule include a new venue – St. John’s - Halal food truck - an open mic - make an ArtSplash painting and Dia de los Muertos altars.
1. St. John’s Episcopal Church (316 N. El Dorado) Corner of Miner and El Dorado
Featuring music inside the church and art in the garden public space. The Halal food truck will be parked by this venue.
2. Regal Dome (222 N. El Dorado)
Felicia Ruiz creates images from the new movie “Book of Life.” Art table with supplies to make your own drawing.
3. County Administration Building (44 N. San Joaquin Street)
Featured artists – Art Expressions’ member painters Sue LaMarr and Janice Freischlag. Entertainment by Loki Rhythm. Note: this venue closes at 7 pm.
4. San Joaquin Pride Center (109 N. Sutter Street)
Shannon Baker – contemporary and abstract art capturing emotions with color and shape
5. Elks Building (42 N. Sutter)
2nd floor patio – Open mic; Word-related visual art by Angela Bardot; Paula Treick DeBoard, the author of The Mourning Hours and the new novel The Fragile World (releasing October 28). www.paulatreickdeboard.com
4th floor – Cafe Coop hosts ArtSplash in the Elks building -
Liz Martin – comic style art
Rey Vargas – illustration
Make an ArtSplash painting to take home.
6. Kress Lobby (20 N. Sutter Street)
Vi Nakamura creates wearable crochet
Gail Lynne Amo – intense watercolor autumn landscapes and acrylic paintings in autumn themes.
Photography by Angela Bardot and Carlos Renteria
7. Mexican Heritage Center (111 S. Sutter Street) Dia de los Muertos Celebration of Life – Altars on display including the Cleveland School Remembers Draw It Out altar that reflects the evolving emotions that started with the shooting of our five children on January 17, 1989. These five children have inspired hope and activism in our community.
Pink ribbons are by each venue. The ArtSplash begins again in May 2015.