The deadline for the Record Readers Photo Challenge: Outdoor Portraits has been extended to Monday, May 13. which gives you a full weekend to to get out there and take some pictures.
They can be posed or candid photos of people (no pets or animals, or self-portraits – we’ll save those for another challenge), just remember the tips from my April 4 column on photographing people outside.
1. Entries can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Type in “Outdoor Portrait” in the subject line.
2. Include your name (first and last), hometown, and the kind of camera you used.
3. Include the name (first and last) of your subject, their relationship to you (relative, friend or stranger off the street), their ages (if they are juveniles) and where the photo was taken.
4. Any interesting anecdotes or stories on how you took or came to take the picture.
5. The deadline for submission is Monday, May 13. The top examples will be published on Monday, May 20 with an online gallery of all the photos on the same day (Photos have to be shot between April 29 and May 13).
We’ll see you then. Have fun and good shooting!