The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) in a press release today said it expects to hire bout 7,000 correctional officers over the next three years.
The hires are due to an increase in retirements.
• High school diploma
• Proof of U.S. citizenship
• At least 20 years of age; must be 21 at time of appointment
• Pass a drug test screening
• Provide history of law-abiding behavior
• Legally be able to own, posses and have custody or control of a firearm or other weapons authorized by CDCR
Candidates will be tested and will undergo physical exams and a background investigation.