If you’re looking for a holiday gift for a food lover, we have a story in today’s LENS with some fun cookbook ideas. Try the recipe below from one of the offerings.
Bread Bowl Spinach and Artichoke Dip
From Martha Pullen’s “Southern Family Cookbook”
• 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
• 1 carton (16 ounces) sour cream
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
• 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts
• 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimentos
• 1 large round loaf of bread, any variety
• Assorted vegetables for dipping
Put seasoning mix and sour cream in medium bowl and mix well. Thaw and drain spinach well. Drain, rinse and chop artichokes. Add spinach, artichokes and pimentos to sour cream mixture. Cut top off bread and hollow out center, leaving 1-inch-thick shell. Spoon dip into bread shell.