Mustang Athletics had another very successful season in 2015-16. Delta finished 12th in California in the National Alliance of Two-Year College Athletic Administrators (NATYCAA) Cup. This is the third year in a row that Mustang Athletics finished top 12 in the state (7th in 2015 and 9th in 2014).
This NATYCAA Cup is the best measure of the competitive success of an entire athletic department. The Cup recognizes the success of California two-year collegiate athletic departments based on team placement in the CCCAA championships. There are over 100 athletic departments competing in the NATYCAA Cup.
Below is more information on the 2015-2016 season and some recent news
Academics and Transfer
- For the third straight year over 40% of Delta student-athletes have over a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Over 45 Delta student-athletes have committed/signed to continue their educations and athletic careers at 4-year institutions. (We expect more signings throughout the summer)
- 9 of our 19 sports finished top 15 in the CCCAA State Championships. Baseball – 3rd, Women’s Water Polo- 4th , Men’s Water Polo – 5th , Volleyball – 5th, Women’s Golf – 11th, Men’s Swimming and Diving – 12th, Women’s Basketball – 12th, Football 12th, and Women’s Swimming and Diving – 13th.
- 30 student-athletes received All State/All American honors.
Former Mustangs in the Major League Baseball Draft
- Dean Kremer – 14th round Dodgers (UNLV)
- Nate Easley – 23rd round Padres (Yavapai College)
- Sam Held – 29th round Nationals (Nevada Reno)
- Collin Theroux – 32nd round Athletics (Oklahoma State)
- Roderick Townsend won 3 events at the recent Paralympic Track & Field Trials – High jump, 100 meters and long jump.
- Eric Sloan – Competing in this week’s Track & Field Olympic Trials – Triple Jump.
- Collin Theroux – Catcher for Oklahoma State. They finished in the Final Four of the College World Series.